Pakistani anti-terror court conducting the trial of seven Mumbai attacks suspects, including LeT's Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi, today adjourned proceedings till April 17 after the prosecution sought time to challenge certain court orders in the High Court and Supreme Court.
During today's proceedings at the Adiala jail in Rawalpindi where judge Malik Mohd Akram Awan is hearing the case for security reasons, the prosecution said it needed "maximum" time to challenge a Lahore High Court order that the trial of the seven suspects could not be separated from that of Ajmal Kasab and Fahim Ansari who are currently in the custody of Indian authorities.
The prosecution also said it needed time to challenge the anti-terrorism court's decision to dismiss its application to name Kasab and Ansari as proclaimed offenders or fugitives.
The prosecution said it intended to file challenges in the Lahore High Court and Supreme Court.
Judge Awan gave the prosecution time till April 17 and adjourned the matter.
During the proceedings, the prosecution said the government had been approached to ask Interpol to issue Red Corner notices for Ansari and Kasab.
The defence lawyers reiterated their argument that Kasab and Ansari were not fugitives as they are in the custody of Indian authorities.
Special Public Prosecutor Malik Rab Nawaz Moon later said Interpol had been approached today to issue Red Corner notices for Kasab and Ansari.
"We are having meetings today and tomorrow and will decide on approaching the High Court and Supreme Court to challenge recent court orders," Noon said.
Apart from Lakhvi, the accused in the case in Pakistan are Zarar Shah, Abu al-Qama, Hamad Amin Sadiq, Shahid Jamil Riaz, Jamil Ahmed and Younas Anjum.