Pakistan: 30 school students faint after toxic gas leak | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Feb 19, 2017-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Pakistan: 30 school students faint after toxic gas leak

world Updated: Feb 22, 2015 15:53 IST
PTI
Pakistan

At least 30 Pakistani school children fainted after toxic gas leaked from a generator installed in their school in Lahore.

Over 100 students were present in the basement of the private school in the densely-populated locality of Mughalpura when the incident took place Saturday evening.

The school administration had arranged a farewell party for some students.

"A group of students were presenting a skit when smoke emitting from a power generator entered the basement. Some 32 students, half of them were girls, fell unconscious while the remaining managed to leave the place," Hammad Hasan, a school employee said.

"Thank god there was no stampede," he said.

The fainted children where shifted to hospital where the doctors described their condition as out of danger.

Lahore police spokesman Niyab Haider said that the police had registered a case against the school administration and arrested its owner and principal.

"The school administration is responsible for the incident," he said.