Prachanda denies that he said US-India planned China campaign | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Sep 22, 2017-Friday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Prachanda denies that he said US-India planned China campaign

Maoist chief Prachanda has rubbished media reports that he said that India and the US had planned to launch an anti-China campaign using the Nepalese territory.

world Updated: Aug 08, 2009 22:27 IST

Maoist chief Prachanda has rubbished media reports that he said that India and the US had planned to launch an anti-China campaign using the Nepalese territory.

He said the news report was "false and ill intended" with the aim to damage his party's relations with neighbouring as well as other friendly countries in the world.

The news report may be aimed at foiling the Nepalese peace process and constitution making process, he said, according to Maoist mouth piece Janadisha.

News reports few days back had said that Prachanda had made a sensational charge that India and the US had planned to launch anti-China campaign, even a possible attack on the Communist giant, using Nepalese territory.

"I had to quit the post of Prime Minister as my party was opposed to allow our territory to be used against China," Prachanda was quoted as saying by the Rajdhani daily.

"The US-India plan had to face challenge from our party and that triggered the conspiracy against my government," Prachanda, who quit following a rift with his coalition partners over the controversial decision to sack the army chief, had said at a Maoist training programme here.

Prachanda had earlier blamed India for toppling his eight-month old government in May this year. He alleged that
reactionary and conspiratorial elements have been deceiving the Nepalese people by acting as agents of the foreign powers.