North Korea has launched a public propaganda campaign to prepare its people for the succession of Kim Jong II's youngest son as leader, a news report said on Sunday.
North Korea has mentioned Kim Jong Un by his full name which it had not done in the past and his qualifications in broadcasts through speakers installed in each house, Yonhap news agency reported, citing an unidentified source on North Korean affairs.
The broadcast campaign was launched in Pyongyang about two months, but it was not clear if it had been extended to other parts of the country, Yonhap said.
North Koreans are obligated to install speakers in their homes to listen to broadcasts on policy of the ruling Workers' Party and its propaganda, according to North Koreans who have defected to the South.
Kim, 67, believed to have suffered a stroke last year, has not publicly named his successor but is widely reported to be grooming the 26-year-old to take over.
However, North Korea's No 2 leader Kim Yong Nam last week told Japan's Kyodo news agency that Kim Jong II is in good health and denied that Kim Jong Un had been named successor.
He dismissed that as speculation by foreign media aimed at harming the North.