The Pakistani government has announced a reward of Rs five million for information on the perpetrators of Sunday's suicide attack near the Lal Masjid that killed 19 people and injured over 40.
Rehman Malik, Advisor to the Prime Minister on Interior Affairs, told reporters that a reward of Rs five million will be given to any one who helps to identify the suicide bomber and other perpetrators of attack.
The torso of the suicide bomber had been found at the site of the blast and a sketch of his face would soon be released, Malik told reporters after visiting victims of the attack in a hospital here late last night.
The suicide bomber blew himself up near a large group of policemen shortly after the conclusion of a meeting organised by the religious groups to mark the first anniversary of storming of Lal Masjid by the army.
Officials today said five kgs of explosives were used in the suicide jacket worn by the bomber. More pieces of flesh and bones were collected by investigators this morning from the site of the blast and roof tops of nearby buildings.
Body parts of the bomber had been thrown up to 50 yards away by the blast.