Two international junior tennis events to be held in Islamabad were cancelled due to the prevailing security situation in the country.
Pakistan Tennis Federation secretary Abdul Rasheed told PTI that International Tennis Federation had informed them that the two events had been cancelled due to the sudden surge in suicide bombing and terrorist attacks in the country.
The two events were scheduled to be held in Islamabad which has been hit by the terror attacks.
"We received their (ITF) formal letter today which states that the organisation of these international tournaments was impossible after the attacks," Rasheed said.
Rasheed some players from Kenya had already reached Islamabad for the event but would return home soon.
The first tournament was scheduled to begin from Monday with the PTF hosting players from India, Kenya, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Germany, Thailand and Egypt.
Foreign teams have avoided touring Pakistan in many sports due to security situation with many international events either shifted or postponed in the last one year.
Federal Sports Minister Aftab Shah Jillani said the government was doing everything to allow sporting events in the country.
"We are hopeful of situation improving soon and have normal sporting activities," Jillani said.