Faisal Shahzad, the Pakistani-American arrested for the failed Times Square bombing, will be sentenced today.
The 30-year-old, who described himself as a "Muslim soldier", faces life in prison five months after he tried to blow up his explosives-laden car at the iconic Times Square.
In June, Shahzad pleaded guilty for his May 1 attempt to detonate the car bomb in the Times Square in New York.
While pleading guilty on 10 terror and weapons charges, Shahzad warned that the US would face more attacks if they continued operations in "Muslim lands".
"I want to plead guilty, and I'm going to plead guilty 100 times over because until the hour the US pulls its forces from Iraq and Afghanistan, and stops the drone strikes in Somalia and Yemen and in Pakistan, and stops the occupation of Muslim lands, and stops killing the Muslims... we will be attacking US, and I plead guilty to that," Shahzad had said.
"One has to understand where I'm coming from," he added. "I consider myself... a Muslim soldier."
Last week, prosecutors had said Shahzad carefully selected his location as a highly populated target and intended to strike again if he was not caught the first time.
According to a sentencing memo submitted to a federal court, Shahzad stated that "if he had not been arrested he planned to detonate a second bomb in New York City two weeks later."
The memo further stated that Shahzad "wanted to select the busiest time for pedestrian traffic in Times Square because pedestrians walking on the streets would be easier to kill and to injure than people driving in cars".
In June, Shahzad candidly told the judge that after becoming a US citizen in 2009, he went back to Pakistan to first meet with his family and then headed to Peshawar where he received bomb training from Tehrik-i-Taliban and cash.
Shahzad, who lived in Connecticut with his wife and two children, was apprehended two days later trying to flee the US.