A suicide car bomber attacked a convoy of international troops in central Afghanistan on Tuesday, killing two Afghan civilians, officials said.
The driver of the car rammed into the convoy on a highway in Ghazni province about 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) west of Ghazni city, said Ismail Jahangir, a spokesman for the provincial governor. Jahangir said he had no information about whether any international troops were killed or wounded in the blast. Civilian deaths have become an increasingly contentious issue in Afghanistan as worsening violence has turned more villagers and passersby into victims. While much of the debate has focused on airstrikes by international troops, the majority have been attributed to the Taliban and other militants.
The United Nations has said over 2,100 civilians died in the Afghan war last year. International and Afghan forces killed about 40 per cent of them.