Teen actor from next Harry Potter movie murdered | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Dec 11, 2016-Sunday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Teen actor from next Harry Potter movie murdered

world Updated: May 25, 2008 10:08 IST
HS Rao
HS Rao
PTI
Highlight Story

A budding teenage actor, set to appear in the next Harry Potter movie, was stabbed to death in a brawl outside a bar in London, police said on Sunday.

18-year-old Rob Knox, who was killed in the early hours on Saturday, was a member of the same Rugby club as Jimmy Mizen, murdered in a bakery in Lee in southeast London two weeks ago, they said.

The drama student died in an attack in Sidcup, Kent, and was officially pronounced dead at Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Woolwich.

In the new film - Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, due at cinemas in November - Rob, who had finished his work on the set, plays Ravenclaw student Marcus Belby. He had also appeared in an episode of the hit TV police drama series 'The Bill'.

A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of the murder after he was treated in hospital for facial injuries.

The dispute which led to Rob's murder was today being linked to the alleged theft of a mobile phone involving two of his friends.

Chris Martin, 21, a friend of Rob and others in their group, including Dean Saunders, 21, said, "It kicked off last week outside the Metro. It was over a mobile phone. Some bloke said to Dean (Saunders), 'You nicked my phone'. Dean said he hadn't and this guy smacked him in the face and gave him a black eye."

According to an eye witness, the guy had gone back to the bar on Friday night armed with two knives and had threatened to hurt Saunders. Rob was caught up in the ensuing fracas.

Four others hurt in the fight are being treated at separate London hospitals including a 21-year-old for a stab wound to the neck, a 16-year-old youth for a stab wound to the chest, and another man in his 20s for hand injuries.

Rob was formerly a pupil of Beths Grammar School.

His death brings the number of teenagers violently killed in the capital this year to 14. He is the third to be killed this month alone, after Jimmy Mizen, was murdered on May 10, and Lyle Tulloch, 15, from Peckham, south London, fatally stabbed in a stairway of a block of flats on May 3.