Tehran says no Iranian pilgrims at next Haj | world | Hindustan Times
Today in New Delhi, India
Aug 24, 2017-Thursday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Tehran says no Iranian pilgrims at next Haj

world Updated: Jun 03, 2016 07:03 IST
AP

TEHRAN: Iran officially announced on Thursday that it won’t be sending pilgrims to the Haj this year, blaming Saudi Arabia for the move and claiming the kingdom has failed to provide adequate security for the pilgrims. The Haj has become a contentious issue as tensions between the two Mideast powers escalated after last year’s disaster at the Haj killed at least 2,426 people, according to an AP count.