A roadside bomb wounded three US soldiers on Saturday in the Iraqi capital, the American military and an Iraqi official said.
"An MND-B (Multi-National Division-Baghdad) vehicle was attacked today in northwest Baghdad," Major Joe Scrocca said in a statement. "Three MND-B soldiers were injured," he added, without giving details.
The multinational force now consists only of US troops. An Iraqi interior ministry official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said a US convoy hit a roadside bomb in the northern Baghdad neighbourhood of Kadhimiyah.
The official said a Humvee all-terrain vehicle was damaged. While 115,000 US soldiers are still stationed in Iraq, the vast majority are deployed outside Iraqi urban centres under a security agreement between Washington and Baghdad signed last year.
As part of the accord, all US combat troops must leave Iraq by the end of August 2010, ahead of a complete withdrawal by the end of 2011.