UN takes Saudi coalition off Yemen list of child violators

  • Reuters
  • Updated: Jun 08, 2016 10:53 IST

UNITED NATIONS: The United Nations said on Monday it had removed the Saudi Arabia-led coalition fighting in Yemen from a child rights blacklist pending a joint review by the world body and the coalition of the cases of child deaths and injuries. The UN report on children and armed conflict - released last Thursday - said the coalition was responsible for 60% of child deaths and injuries in Yemen last year, killing 510 and wounding 667, and half the attacks on schools and hospitals.

also read

‘Greenpeace, Ford sought help from Podesta on India troubles’
Show comments