The number of UN workers killed in last month's earthquake in Haiti has reached 94, while eight of its staff remained unaccounted for, a spokesman for the UN secretary general Ban Ki-Moon said.
The UN headquarters in the Christopher Hotel was levelled in the 7.1-magnitude earthquake that devastated Port-au-Prince on Jan 12, killing over 212,000 people and leaving more than 1 million homeless.
"As of today, we can officially confirm the deaths of 94 UN staff, including four people who worked for the UN under a separate contract," Martin Nesirky said. "Eight people, including two contract workers, are still missing".
It is the highest single-tragedy toll in the world body's histroy of 65 years, the spokesman said on Monday.
The former head of the UN mission to Haiti, Hedi Annabi of Tunisia, his Brazilian deputy, Luiz Carlos da Costa, and Police Commissioner Doug Coats of Canada were among the dead.