A US entertainment magazine has released never-before-seen footage of Michael Jackson’s hair catching fire while filming a commercial in 1984, an accident it said led to an addiction to painkillers.
Jackson was filming the advert for Pepsi when fireworks were exploded too early, causing the superstar to suffer severe burns as his hair and scalp were engulfed in flames, according to the video Us Weekly magazine released on its website on Wednesday.
The ‘King of Pop,’ who died on June 25 from cardiac arrest at the age of 50, at first keeps dancing apparently unaware that his head is on fire.
Los Angeles police said they were investigating Jackson’s death, but would not confirm it was being treated as a homicide investigation, as reported by entertainment website TMZ.com. TMZ, citing “multiple” law enforcement sources, said “the evidence points to the anesthesia Propofol (Diprivan) as the primary cause of Jackson’s death.”