Buses acquired for CM programme, schools closed in Sagar
In an unusual situation most of private schools in Sagar city and at the city outskirts remained closed on Wednesday as school buses were allegedly acquired by regional transport office for transporting people to the chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s programme venue at village Bilahra, about 35 kilometers from Sagar.bhopal Updated: Apr 20, 2017 22:26 IST
Sagar: In an unusual situation most of private schools in Sagar city and at the city outskirts remained closed on Wednesday as school buses were allegedly acquired by regional transport office for transporting people to the chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan’s programme venue at village Bilahra, about 35 kilometers from Sagar.
CM inaugurated an irrigation project and some other development works at the village.
Congress leaders alleged that most of school buses were acquired by local administration to ferry public for the CM’s function. Hence, schools had to be closed for the day.
A private school principal on condition of anonymity told the HT that he was verbally informed on phone by a district education officer to declare Wednesday as a holiday due to the CM’s programme as the school buses would be used to transport public to the programme venue.
The city magistrate office, Sagar had issued a written order for acquiring the buses. The order staged that the expenses on the buses were to be borne by deputy director Agriculture and Farmers Welfare office.
The order stated that buses with drivers and helpers were to be provided on April 18 for the programme on April 19.
The order also had a warning in it that if the order was not followed then action would be taken against section 188 of IPC against the bus owner.
As per district administration sources, more than 165 buses had been acquired for the programme. However, city magistrate Avinash Rawat said he had ordered for acquiring about 100-105 vehicles. He didn’t know if the school buses were acquired.
The district education officer SK Sharma told HT that no order was issued for closure of schools on April 19. An order was issued but it was regarding change in timings of the schools due to summer.
“I do not know why schools remained closed on Wednesday. I will look into it”, he said.
RTO Pradeep Sharma could not be contacted despite efforts.
The Congress Sagar division spokesman Sandeep Sablok alleged the private schools remained closed as almost all school buses were acquired by government for taking public to the CM program venue. Who will compensate to the students for their loss of studies on the day.
First Published: Apr 20, 2017 22:26 IST