Use of earphones during driving claims two lives
BHOPAL: Two persons lost their lives in two separate accidents in Bhopal on Wednesday, and the culprit was common – earphones.
A youth who was wearing earphones while crossing the railway track at crossing near village Bhauri in Bairagarh was hit by a train that killed him.
Police said the incident took place on Wednesday. The victim Kamlesh Singroli (17), a student of Bhuari government school, was going home while listening to music on his mobile phone and was oblivious of the fact that the intercity express going from Indore to Bhopal was coming at great speed. The crossing was closed, but Kamlesh slipped under the crossing bar and started moving towards the other end. Some people shouted to alert him, but he could not hear their shouts due to the earphones.
The other incident took place near Govindpura at around 6 pm on Wednesday. Here the accused who was driving an Activa scooter was wearing earphones when he hit a pedestrian that resulted in his death. The accused escaped after the incident.
Eye-witnesses told the police that the youth riding the scooter was wearing an earphone and he was all attentive to it when he hit the passer-by.
Govindpura police said that deceased was identified as Shankar (50), a resident of Anna Nagar, and they are looking for the accused.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Balveer Singh Yadav, 45, a resident of Bharrad village of Madhya Pradesh's Morena district had been arrested in 2006 in connection to a murder case.
- The victim died on Saturday while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- Yadav has shown through for his commitment while managing the crowd of patients and visitors at the hospital without taking a single leave since March 2020, said a hospital official
- The accused confessed to their crime and said they killed Sahu over a dispute over ₹5 crore that the deceased was demanding from Naresh Gurjar, one of the main accused, said police.
- A senior BJP leader said it was unfortunate that Congress leaders continue to insult women but the Congress high command remains silent.
- The DGP stated eloping with boyfriends as one of the reasons behind the disappearance of girls and women in urban areas.
- People found ancient coins on the bank of river in Madhya Pradesh's Shivpura village a few days ago.
- Covaxin is India’s first indigenous Covid-19 vaccine developed by Bharat Biotech.