Anil Kapoor: I was born in, belong to and will take my last breath in Bollywood
Actor Anil Kapoor has been entertaining the audiences for four decades now through his films. Born to a producer, Surinder Kapoor, he has literally grown up in the film industry, and witnessed every kind of change there could be.
The one thing he is sure about, after the kind of experiences he has had, is that out of everything it takes to make it big in showbiz, talent is indeed a ‘big part of it’.
“But without hard work and focus, talent can become directionless. If you want to make it in this business, you have to be ready to give it your all, to not let setbacks keep you down and to persist in the face of all odds. You need guts and grit to survive and level-headedness to thrive,” admits the 63-year-old.
How was it growing up for him here? How does he find Bollywood as a place? Kapoor gets emotional and says, “I don’t think I ever saw the film industry as anything other than home – the place I was always meant to be. I was born into it, I belong to it and I will take my last breath in it.”
Which is why the actor has resumed work, and stepped out. The Covid-19 pandemic had halted all work, and the industry had suffered big time. Now with permission given for shoots to resume pan India, though with Standard Operating Procedures in place, he says, “I have resumed shooting so that has been keeping me busy. It feels great to be back and doing what I love. There’s no denying that the way we do things has changed now, but change is exciting. We have started work with careful planning and stringent precautionary measures in place. I have been working on a couple of projects in these past weeks. Slowly and gradually, we all are getting back to work.”
What Kapoor’s fans also didn’t miss is the kind of fitness frenzy he is undergoing ever since the lockdown started. At his age, he looks set to give the younger stars a run for their money.
He laughs and says, “I have been toying with the idea of changing my workout routine for a while now, but it takes several months to really commit to a new regime and my schedule hadn’t allowed for that until recently. The lockdown gave me the perfect opportunity for that and so I poured myself into it and gave it my all. I still have a long way to go but it’s been fun and seeing the results inspires me to push myself even more.”
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.