Another feather in Sunny Leone’s cap: She’s now PETA’s person of the year
While her groovy number, Laila Main Laila, from Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Raees seems set to rule music charts, Sunny Leone is in the news this time for a different reason — her compassionate side. The Bollywood actor will receive PETA’s person of the year award for her dedication towards promoting the rescue of homeless dogs and cats, as well as her compassion for animals that are abused and killed for their skin.
Earlier this year, the 35-year-old star featured in an ad campaign by the organisation which encouraged people to “be an angel” and adopt a homeless dog.
“Sunny Leone’s kindness proves she is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. PETA is calling on people everywhere to follow her compassionate example,” said Sachin Bangera from PETA.
Past recipients of PETA’s person of the year award include Dr Shashi Tharoor, former Supreme Court Justice KS Panicker Radhakrishnan, and actors Kapil Sharma, Hema Malini, R Madhavan and Jacqueline Fernandez.
Meanwhile, her song, Laila Main Laila, is a reprised version of the superhit Laila O Laila from the 1980 film Qurbani. It also features Shah Rukh Khan who plays a Gujarat-based entrepreneur bootlegger in Raees, which is slated for release on January 26, 2017.
Sunny Leone shot down claims that she was offered Rs 4 crore to perform Laila main Laila live at a New Year party.
“I wish that was true. I will be the happiest person on the planet if I was paid Rs 4 crore for my song to perform in Mumbai. I hope it comes true but unfortunately it’s not true,” Sunny said.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A picture of Ajay Devgn on the set of Alia Bhatt's Gangubai Kathiawadi was shared online. Also in the picture is director Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
- Neena Gupta plays an old woman and Arjun Kapoor is her grandson in the Kaashivie Nair film Sardar Ka Grandson that premiers on Netflix soon.
- Neena Gupta has said she did not want Masaba to go to Goa with friends. The senior actor also went to Goa and stayed separately, only to receive a call from her daughter as she cried.
- Disha Patani is in awe of rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's dancing abilities. Sister Krishna Shroff agrees too. See here.
- Raveena Tandon took to her Instagram to show off daughter Rasha Thadani's achievement, as she teenager earned her blackbelt in Taekwondo. See her post here.
- Speaking at a comedy show, Farah Khan says her friends often 'put her to work' as soon as she enters parties, asking her to render a few dance steps.
- Richa Chadha has said that she has found an equal partner in boyfriend Ali Fazal who cooks well, works out with her and is progressive.
- Anurag Kashyap's daughter Aaliyah received support from her Insta-fam after she wrote about receiving hate comments for a recent post, in which she shared pictures of herself in lingerie.