BJP to promote movies rich in Indian cultural values
The art and culture cell of the BJP is about to make a wing exclusively for developing and promoting films themed on Indian tradition.
"We have done the homework for developing movies that are rich in cultural values and have a strong flavour of Indian traditions. Many movies are released every week, but they are hardly able to portray Indian art and culture. Our attempt will be to showcase Indian social values through movies," said Mithlesh Kumar Tripathi, national convenor of the party’s art and culture cell.
There has been a lot of degradation, he said, adding that "movies are a powerful mode for disseminating Indian culture. We have a cultural trove. We need to highlight this in the movies. We have already started talking with many artists. The end result would be movies that can bring a cultural awakening."
Citing the example of Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, the Bollywood blockbuster of the 90s, he said this was a movie “which revolved around the great Indian family. We need to have more of such kinds of movies."
India has one of the world's largest collections of songs, music, dance, theatre, folk traditions and performing arts. The art and culture cell of the BJP will implement a number of schemes and programmes aimed at providing “financial support to individuals, groups and cultural organisations engaged in the visual and literary arts."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.