Fawad Khan to play Deepika’s husband in Bhansali’s Padmavati?
Bollywood diva Deepika Padukone and Pakistani actor Fawad Khan walked the ramp together at the ongoing India Couture Week 2016 and looked great together. Now, Deepika Padukone’s dream of romancing the handsome actor might just come true.
According to a DNA report, director Sanjay Leela Bhansali has finalised the 34-year-old actor to portray Rawal Ratan Singh in his upcoming period drama, Padmavati. Singh was king of Chittorgarh and Padmavati’s husband.
It has already been reported that Deepika has been roped in to play the title role in the film. Reportedly, Fawad was in Mumbai for the past couple of weeks to finalise the deal.
According to a source, Bhansali wants 200 days from all his lead actors, including Ranveer Singh (who plays Ala-ud-din Khilji) and Deepika. Fawad has those days to spare. In between, he has also a Karan Johar film.
There have been reports that Shah Rukh Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Ali Zafar were approached to portray Raja Rawal Ratan Singh, but none agreed to be the second lead to Ranveer Singh.
The movie will focus on Ala-ud-din’s obsession with Rani Padmavati.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.