High fever forces Amitabh Bachchan to miss book launch
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan, who was supposed to launch a book by film archivist P.K. Nair here on Thursday, couldn’t turn up as he is suffering from high fever.
However at the book launch by the Film Heritage Foundation, the country’s only non-government film archive, the other invited celebrities such as Naseeruddin Shah, Shyam Benegal and Vidhu Vinod Chopra were present and did the honours.
Big B, who had to cancel his appearance at the last moment, sent a letter of apology to the organisers which the foundation’s founder Shivendra Singh Dungarpur shared with the media.
The letter read: “I have suddenly and quite unexpectedly developed a high fever .. I regret profusely that I shall be unable to attend your event this evening .. a shame really because I was looking forward to it ..
“As a country we have shied away from the luxury of documentation.. leave alone its restoration and preservation - for films at least ..!!
“What you and your foundation have initiated is indeed a most selfless, but very important and necessary element, so assiduously worked upon by Mr Nair ..
“I send my best wishes on the launch of your book on him and do stand by my commitment to be of service to this noble cause.
“Your idea of constructing an Institute, the design for which I have greatly appreciated, is most laudable and one that I hope shall receive patronage not just from the film fraternity but indeed from the City of Mumbai - the Film Capital of the Nation ..”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.