JHMS singer Dev Negi: I want to sing romantic songs, not just peppy dance numbers
Singer Dev Negi is steadily emerging as the voice of the season. He has pulled off a feat not many singers can boast of — he has sung for both Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan in their respective films. ”I was overjoyed to have Salman bhai lip-sync my song Naach Meri Jaan in his film Tubelight (2017). My next song is for Shah Rukh in Jab Harry Met Sejal, called Butterfly. I have to thank Pritam da for both of them,” says Dev.
The 28-year old, who started his singing career in 2010, is enjoying the success of his latest song, Sweety Tera Drama, for the upcoming film Bareilly Ki Barfi. However, he dislikes the fact that the industry is quick to stereotype any singer. “Industry mein aapka ek gaana hit hota hai, toh people think that he/she can sing songs of only that particular genre.”
Dev says that though he wants to sing songs from the romantic genre, people expect him to sing upbeat and peppy songs. “I had sung a romantic song — Ho Gaya Hai Pyaar too for Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015), but since my subsequent dance numbers like Badri Ki Dulhania turned out to be a hit, everyone [now] thinks that my voice is suited better for them.”
The singer also adds that his focus is never on singing for big stars. “If I paid all my attention on singing only for big names, how will I be able to better my singing skills? Your attention should be on singing good songs, no matter on whom it is picturised,” adds Dev.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.