Kangana Ranaut: Aligarh’s beautiful, best film I saw this decade
Actress Kangana Ranaut has lavished praise on Manoj Bajpayee-starrer Aligarh, calling it “beautiful” and “the best film” she has seen in the last decade. “This is the best film i have seen in the past 10 years. And it’s very good for our society. Just like medicine, which may be difficult to take but should be taken for the betterment,” Kangana said at a screening of the film here.
Read: Aligarh review
Directed by Hansal Mehta, Aligarh is based on the real life incident of Dr Srinivas Ramchandra Siras, an AMU academician, who was suspended from his job because of his sexual orientation. “As our society is also growing and evolving, the way we are, as a nation, as a country, its very courageous for Hansal sir to make this film,” the Queen actress said about the film.
The actress even said that the film is “so beautiful, it’s like a poem and I can go on talking about it”. “It’s beyond any issues, beyond homosexuality. But sometimes the film turns out to be so strong that we actually forget how creatively and artistically it is made. So I hope Hansal sir gets his due, because it says something very strong and important. I hope we do not forget how fine an artist he is,” she added.
Kangana also said that she will begin working with Mehta soon for a new film. “Yes, we will be working soon. After Rangoon we are going to start the film. I am a big fan of Hansal Mehta and I hope we both will be making an endearing film,” she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.
- Actor Priyanka Chopra on Saturday passed on her best wishes to the current Miss India contestants, and reminisced about winning the crown two decades ago.
- Ranvir Shorey was asked by a fan if his leg fracture was caused by too much happy dancing after recovering from Covid-19. See his reply here.
- Shilpa Shetty, who is currently vacationing in Maldives, shared another stunning picture of herself. See it here.