Kiran Kumar on battling Covid-19: ‘I ate in disposable utensils, binge-watched Star Trek, Hindi films’
Actor Kiran Kumar, who had been diagnosed with coronavirus, finally tested negative in his third test on Wednesday. The actor is now leading by an example about how he dealt with it despite living in the same house with his family.
Opening up about how he lived in isolation on a separate floor of the house, Kiran told Mumbai Mirror in an interview, “I told my wife to buy disposable utensils for me to eat in. My food would be prepared and kept on the staircase. I’d pick it up myself, eat and dispose off the plates, ensuring zero contact. I also made my own bed and cleaned the room.”
The actor spent his time by reading books and binge watching movies. “My reading choices are quite outlandish in that I believe in aliens and enjoy my Asimovs (Isaac Asimov, American writer of science fiction). I also binge-watched Star Trek, Star Wars and some Hindi films,” he said.
He also revealed how his sister cooked his favourite dishes and his children have been tending to his every need. He even praised his support staff for standing by him like a rock instead of running away after the actor tested positive for Covid-19.
Kiran had to undergo a routine medical procedure for which, under the government’s guideline at the time, a Covid-19 test was mandatory. He tested positive during the process. Sharing the news, he had told IANS, “Corona felt like a looming, distant and scary phantom that we took every precaution to avoid and even then it found a way to enter what we thought was a completely sanitised space. Yet, here we are, dealing with it, and getting on with our lives.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.