NK Sharma was the first person to tell me I could act: Huma Qureshi
Huma Qureshi began her acting career on stage. She worked under the tutelage of theatre veteran NK Sharma, who runs a popular theatre group in Delhi. A source close to Huma says she considers Sharma her lucky mascot. She apparently consults him before signing every film.
“Huma takes his advice before making any work-related decisions. He has been instrumental in shaping her acting career. Huma has recently received two movie offers. She wants to discuss the scripts with Sharma before deciding anything,” says the source.
When contacted, Huma says, “NK sir has been more than a mentor to me. I learnt a lot from him during my theatre days. He was the first person to tell me I could act. I call him whenever I am confused about anything. He has seen me grow and he knows what suits me best.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Vidya Balan has said that it has taken her time to accept her body because, at one point in her life, she used to hate it.
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.