No harm in doing fairness cream ads if they are not offensive: Yami Gautam
Yami Gautam, who is the face of a fairness cream brand, says there is no harm in endorsing such products as long as they are not hurting sentiments.
Actor Abhay Deol had recently slammed Bollywood celebrities like Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor, Shahid Kapoor and John Abraham for featuring in campaigns on fairness creams.
But Yami says she will not choose her endorsements on the basis of someone else’s ideology. “When we talk about individuality and choice, it’s my life, my decisions... why question my credibility? I am a self-made girl. I will not run my career on somebody else’s decision or ideology. I have my own mind,” said Yami.
“The brand has the right to advertise a product but you cannot show that not being fair is an upsetting thing. You can advertise your brand but showing that not being fair is something to be upset and sad about is not correct,” she said.
Meanwhile, Yami rubbished reports that her co-star Hrithik Roshan was upset with her for turning up late for a meet and greet event of Kaabil. “It is absolutely rubbish. I had a prior commitment and the team was very much aware about it. The event was pre- planned but the date was not finalised. I couldn’t back out of the prior commitment, so I left it midway and joined the Kaabil team and again I had to rush back,” she says.
“Hrithik was extremely kind to announce that I have arrived. I don’t know where it came from. I had immense respect and regard for Hrithik and Rakesh Roshan ji.”
Yami will be next seen in Ram Gopal Varma’s Sarkar 3, which is set for release on May 12.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.