Pink easy to promote because of Amitabh Bachchan: Producer
Rashmi Sharma, who is making her debut in Bollywood as a producer with Amitabh Bachchan starrer “Pink”, says it is easier to promote a film which has a star in it.
Sharma is geared up to release two of her films -- Pink and Days of Tafree. While Pink has known faces, including Taapsee Pannu, in it Days Of Tafree will see fresh faces.
“Where you have a face value, it gets easy to promote your film. If we have newcomers in our film, acceptance is not that great. At the end of the day, I also feel the subject has to be strong,” said Sharma.
Watch: Trailer of Amitabh Bachchan’s Pink
“I do agree that it is little difficult to promote Days of Tafree, but Pink is easy to promote because of Big B (Amitabh),” she added.
Earlier, Sharma has produced TV series like Saath Nibhaana Saathiya, Sasural Simar Ka and Santoshi Maa.
Watch: Trailer of Days Of Tafree
She said she is inclined towards female-oriented subjects and points of view. “I have done a lot of work in TV. Pink is my first Bollywood venture. As a woman, my stories have been from a female point of view. I like to make films which will be inspirational. I want to make film which I can show proudly to my family,” she said.
Directed by Aniruddha Roy Chowdhary, Pink is a thriller based film set in Delhi. It features Amitabh in the role of a lawyer.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.