Rajkummar Rao may join Ayushmann Khurrana as his lover in Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan: reports
Actor Rajkummar Rao may join his Bareily Ki Barfi co-star Ayushmann Khurrana for the sequel to the 2018 hit Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, reports suggest. An Asian Age report said on Wednesday that Rajkummar will join the team.
“The idea is to bring out into the open bodily issues that no one discussed. Which is not to say that Shubh Mangal Saavdhan 2 will go down the same path as the first instalment with Ayushmann again. But there will definitely be a flaw in the protagonist to deal with,” it quoted a source as saying.
Aanand L. Rai’s Shubh Mangal Saavdhan featured Ayushmann and Bhumi Pednekar in lead role and addressed the subject of erectile dysfunction with humour. The second instalment, Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, will now talk about homosexual relationships. The upcoming film will be directed by Hitesh Kewalya.
“It is a beautiful story told in the quintessential Aanand L. Rai style of filmmaking that will touch your hearts and leave a smile on your face. It is one of the most brilliant films that I have read in a long time and it handles the subject of homosexuality really sensitively. It is a pleasure to collaborate again with the master storyteller of our times. It is an out and out entertaining film that will also make you think and that’s the hallmark of good cinema,” Ayushmann had said in a statement after the film was announced.
As per media reports, the plot revolves around how a conservative family comes to terms with the fact that their son is gay. It is expected to go on the floors in the last week of August.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.
Kunal Kemmu: We will have to wait and gauge the appetite of audiences to watch films on the big screen
- TV host Rannvijay Singha took to Instagram to post a cute family picture with wife Prianka and daughter Kainaat to make the announcement.
- Saina Nehwal has praised the teaser of her biopic Saina, which features Parineeti Chopra as the noted badminton player.
- Kareena Kapoor took to Instagram to wish Saif Ali Khan's son Ibrahim Ali Khan as he turned 20. She shared a photo of him from a recent shoot.