Ranveer Singh’s 83 postponed, amid coronavirus crisis, makers confirm
Actor Ranveer Singh’s upcoming film, 83, which was to release in April this year, has been put on hold. The makers released a statement to that effect in the wake of coronavirus pandemic.
The statement read: “In the wake of the risks posed by the recent outbreak of Covid-19 and the growing health concerns, the release of 83 has been put on hold. We will take a decision regarding the next course of action once the conditions return to normal. We urge our fans to take all the necessary precautions and take care of their loved ones. 83 is a film about fighting the odds and we hope we all will bounce back from this soon.”
The film, directed by Kabir Khan, tells the story of Indian cricket team’s unexpected win at the 1983 cricket World Cup, where India beat the fancied West Indies team to lift the cup. Against impossible odds, former captain Kapil Dev inspired his team to aspire for victory. The film will see Ranveer play Kapil while a host of other actors will play other important members of the team.
The actors who are part of 83 include Adhinath Kothare, Ammy Virk, Sahil Khattar, Harrdy Sandhu, Nishant Dahiya, Dinker Sharma, Chirag Patil, Jatin Sarna, Saqib Saleem, Jiiva, Tahir Raj Bhasin, Dhairya Karwa among others. The team members of the 1983 team whom the above-mentioned actors will play include Ravi Shastri, Dilip Vengsarkar, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, Syed Kirmani, Madan Lal, Roger Binny, Kirti Azad, Sandeep Patil, Yashpal Sharma, K Srikkanth, Mohinder Amarnath and Sunil Gavaskar. The makers of the film have, over a period of months, shared posters of the various actors in their characters and have impressed fans with their similarity, not only in their looks but in their mannerisms as well.
The film will also feature Deepika Padukone in a supporting role; she will be seen as Romi Dev, wife of Kapil. The film was shot in the UK through much of 2019. 83 will also feature Pankaj Tripathi as the team manager.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.
- Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's last co-star, Sanjana Sanghi, has paid tribute to him on his birth anniversary on Thursday.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister Priyanka Singh paid an emotional tribute to him on his birth anniversary. She appealed to him to respond as the 'eventuality of (his) silence is too loud to bear'.
- Actor Swara Bhasker has said that it is advisable to have a plan B in place before aspiring actors attempt to realise their Bollywood dreams.