Rhea Chakraborty’s brother Showik gets arrested by NCB: will the drug mafia finally be exposed?
Actor Rhea Chakraborty’s brother Showik Chakraborty, was arrested by the Narcostics Control Bureau (NCB) on Friday. Rhea was the girlfriend of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput and industry people feel it’s the first step to clarity on Rajput’s death.
Shekhar Suman, who has been very vocal on the entire case, says this is a ‘wonderful’ development.
“Since we started fighting, the case has been meandering, there was a time when we were getting exhausted, this is like a light at the end of the tunnel, it’s the breakthrough which was needed. It looks like Rhea could be next. They have finally given in, and it will lead to not just Rhea but many other suspects,” says the actor-host.
Filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri, says he doesn’t consider himself as ‘Sherlock Holmes’ to judge whether someone is guilty or not, he believes that the drug culture is sure to be exposed.
“Some dangerous narco terrorist groups are present through Bollywood, and they should be exposed. I don’t think young, innocent actors who are smoking weed or something, they should be caught, but through them, they can definitely catch the anti India criminal forces,” he tells us.
Echoing the sentiment for seeking justice is actor Kamya Panjabi too. She says, “I obviously feel that after Showik, it could be Rhea next, if she is the culprit. We have read those WhatsApp chats (about alleged spiking of Rajput’s drinks by Chakraborty with drugs). I don’t know how true they are, but if it is, then what are we waiting for?”
Agnihotri admits that a drug culture is indeed present in the industry. He reveals, “Parties are full of cocaine, there is a very close knit section… if you are a part of that, then you will get roles and jobs. If not, you are out. In fact, I did an episode recently on social media, where we researched and calculated that most old people are out of work for the simple reason that they are not part of this cocaine culture.”
Adding that it’s not just the film industry where it happens, Suman tells us, “Yes, it’s in the industry more so because expensive drugs can only be acquired by rich and famous, because of their stardom and flying high all the time. This needs to be cleansed up once and for all. This is a terrible menace.”
Actor Samir Soni feels though he hasn’t seen the drug culture first hand, this development in Rajput’s case is just the beginning. “The central agencies are working in the right direction and exposing everything. I think they will clear up shady dealings in the industry, and by and large whether it’s Bollywood, politics, drug mafia,” he says.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.