Saif pays the price for using old songs in Agent Vinod
Saif Ali Khan's Agent Vinod has hit the theatres, but the controversies continue to haunt the film. The producers of the film had to pay compensation for the old songs they used in the movie without permission, reports Mid Day.
Aasmaan Pe Hai Khuda from Ramesh Saigal's Phir Subah Hogi (1958), Meri Jaan Maine Kaha from Ramesh Behl's The Train and Rakamma from Mani Ratnam's Thalapathi (1991) are the songs that were used in the film without credit.
"Not acknowledging the creators and owners of the songs is disrespectful towards them. It's all about going the right way to do things. Besides, its about the business of making movies, not recovering royalties from the music used in the background," an industry source told the tabloid.
However, a spokesperson from the company that presented Agent Vinod informed the tabloid, "We sought the permission for Rasputin earlier on. So why wouldn't we take permissions for the other songs?"
Agent Vinod controversies
- Iranian band Barobax has alleged that Pritam lifted the Agent Vinod track, Pyaar Ki Pungi from the band’s song, Soosan Khanoom.
- The film was banned in Pakistan due to ISI references.
- Saif Ali Khan's brawl with businessman Iqbal Meer Sharma was touted as a publicity stunt for Agent Vinod.
- Post the brawl, Saif Ali Khan was shown black flags in Bhopal while promoting Agent Vinod.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal will tie the knot this Sunday, his uncle Anil Dhawan confirmed. Reportedly, the wedding will take place in Alibaug.
- Katrina Kaif on Wednesday posted a video of herself, sweating it out at a Pilates session with her trainer. Watch the video here.
- Priyanka Chopra experienced mixed feelings as she got the first copy of her upcoming memoir, Unfinished. She shared a video on Instagram, documenting her reaction.
- Actor Salman Khan's niece and nephew, Ayat and Ahil, visited the set of his new film, Antim: The Final Truth, and posed for pictures with their father, Aayush Sharma. See the pictures here.
- Twitter has offered reasons behind the restrictions that were made to Kangana Ranaut's account for a brief time.
- Kangana Ranaut went back on an earlier tweet in which she claimed that she isn't interested in seeing anyone's leaked messages or emails when she was questioned about her comments on Deepika Padukone and Rhea Chakraborty's leaked WhatsApp chats.
- Preity Zinta shared a sneak peek from her road trip with husband Gene Goodenough. She posted a loved-up snap of him carrying her in his arms.
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.