Saira Banu responds to rumours about Dilip Kumar’s failing health. Here’s her message
Veteran Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar is at home and doing well, his wife, actor Saira Banu has assured fans.
There were rumours that the 94-year-old star was not keeping well.
Saira Banu took to Kumar’s official Twitter account to give an update about the actor.
“By the grace of God, Dilip Sahab is at home and doing well. God has been very kind. Sahab believes that to be surrounded by family and friends who love him unconditionally is therapy by itself,” the post read.
Kumar was last seen on-screen in the 1998 film Qila. The thespian has been honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke award in 1994 and the Padma Vibhushan in 2015 for his contribution to the Indian cinema.
The Pakistan government also honoured him with its highest civilian honour - Nishan-e-Imtiaz - in 1997.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.