Shah Rukh Khan refunds distributors for Jab Harry Met Sejal’s failure
After his film Jab Harry Met Sejal flopped at the box office, the film’s producer and actor Shah Rukh Khan has come to the rescue of the distributors. According to reports, Shah Rukh Khan has refunded several distributors of his latest film, Jab Harry Met Sejal after it failed to perform well at theatres.
According to a report in Bollywood Hungama, Shah Rukh has compensated 15% of the losses to NH Studioz, which bought the rights to distribute the film in the country at Rs 80 crore. Other distributors were refunded 30% of the losses after each account was separately checked and analysed by the actor’s team.
“...when Jab Harry Met Sejal began to crash, distributors sent SOS message to Shah Rukh Khan, asking him to follow Salman Khan’s steps. They asked for a refund for the back-breaking losses since Shah Rukh Khan had made good profits from the pre-sale of all India rights to NH Studioz, satellite, music and digital rights,” the report reads.
Jab Harry Met Sejal, which was directed by Imtiaz Ali and also starred Anushka Sharma, was expected to earn at least Rs100 crore but could manage a meagre Rs 64.33 crore. It was panned by critics and the audience and the bad reviews travelled fast on social media, leading to abysmal collections. Shah Rukh has previously refunded distributors of his films Ashoka, Paheli and Dilwale.
Recently, actor Salman Khan too had refunded distributors when his film Tubelight failed to do well at the box office.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.
- A video of actor Sara Ali Khan arriving with gifts for Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's second baby, has been shared online. Watch here.
- Time to Dance trailer continues the Indian dance film tradition of telling an engaging tale through a performing art form. Watch Isabelle Kaif in her debut role as Sooraj Pancholi makes a comeback.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Rajkummar Rao have completed a filming schedule of Badhaai Do. Announcing the wrap, the duo joined director Harshavardhan Kulkarni to make their own 'Pawri Ho Rahi Hai' video.
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.