Spanish model calls Hrithik Roshan her mentor and friend. He says she’s lying
Looks like Hrithik Roshan can’t stay away from controversies. On Tuesday, the Kaabil star took to Twitter to call out another actor who claimed, in an interview to a newspaper, that she found a “mentor and friend” in him. The model and actor, Angela Krislinski, of Polish-Spanish descent, had claimed that her “friend” Hrithik even helped her with acting tips. The star, however, posted a clipping of the interview on his Twitter feed on Tuesday and wrote: “My dear lady, who are you and why are u lying.”
In the article published in DNA, Angela said she’d done two commercials with Hrithik and added that they were also supposed to do a music video which didn’t happen. “That was soon after Hrithik’s Aashiqui video was released. We had even rehearsed together for a day, but Hrithik suffered an injury soon after and it was called off. I was looking forward to it,” she says.
While Hrithik may not know who she is, Angela has given a detailed account of the conversations they have had and how she guided her on making it into the industry. “Like every other newcomer, I had a crush on Hrithik when I worked with him for the first time in a commercial. When I told him about my half-Spanish background, he was reminded about the old-world charm of Valencia and Spain. He was supportive and gave me acting tips,” she said.
She added that the next time they met, Hrithik still remembered her and also recollected that her father was from Valencia. “He also asked me jokingly whether the colour of my eyes was real. When I signed a movie in the South. He also inquired about the maker and assured me that this film would definitely take me places,” she said.
Angela, who is currently working in the Tamil film industry, says that she keeps Hrithik updated with her work. “I consider Hrithik a mentor and keep him informed. I showed him a song from my last south release, Size Zero and he liked it immensely. Later, I I even sent him the first look and trailer of my upcoming film Rogue and he was impressed,” she said.
In 2016, Hrithik was caught in a similar but far bigger controversy with actor Kangana Ranaut. She insinuated in an interview last year that they were in a relationship but Hrithik outrightly denied her claims. They slapped defamation lawsuits on each other and a year-long legal war ensued. It is still not clear if the matters between them have finally been resolved.
Hrithik will next work on Krrish 4 with his father Rakesh Roshan.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.