They should watch it before deciding: Shah Rukh Khan on censor troubles for Jab Harry Met Sejal
Shah Rukh Khan has finally responded to claims that the use of “intercourse” in his upcoming film with ANushka Sharma - Jab Harry met Sejal - is disrespectful. CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani said earlier that he had asked the words to be removed from the trailer.bollywood Updated: Jun 27, 2017 09:00 IST
Reacting to Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chief Pahlaj Nihalani’s objection to the use of the word “intercourse” in his upcoming film, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan has said neither he nor people associated with Imtiaz Ali’s Jab Harry Met Sejal need to use anything “disrespectful” to sell it.
In one of the ‘mini-trails’ of the Imtiaz Ali movie, Anushka Sharma is seen handing over an ‘indemnity bond’ to Shah Rukh, saying there won’t be any legal ramifications if the couple ends up having intercourse.
This didn’t go down well with Nihalani, who condemned the telecast of the mini-trail which was meant for digital consumption only. After the brouhaha, he demanded that if he gets one lakh votes from the common people in its support, he will clear the usage of “intercourse”.
Asked for his opinion about the whole episode, Shah Rukh told the media on Eid, “I think I am below 18, so I cannot vote (laughed). On a serious note, neither I, nor anyone in the film - Imtiaz, Irshad (lyricist Irshad Kamil) sahab, Pritam da or anyone would use any disrespectful word, that hurts a family or anyone’s sentiment. We are yet to send the film to the censors and they should watch the whole film to decide.”
Jab Harry Met Sejal is releasing on August 4.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
First Published: Jun 27, 2017 07:57 IST