Varun Dhawan to work in sequel to Akshay Kumar's Baby?
Director Neeraj Pandey’s latest release, Baby, has received several encouraging reviews. So, it comes as no surprise that the makers of the Akshay Kumar-starrer — Bhushan Kumar and Neeraj — are looking forward to teaming up again for a sequel. However, the news doing the rounds now is that Varun Dhawan might join the cast for the second part.
It’s believed that the young actor has already been approached and things are "most likely to work out". "Although Varun’s date diary is packed right now, the makers are keen on having him on board," says a source.
Akshay, who has given his nod for the film, might also be indirectly responsible for Varun’s inclusion. "Varun has known Akshay since he was a kid, as the senior actor has done many films with David Dhawan (Varun’s father and director)," says the source.
Meanwhile, Varun is all set for Badlapur to hit theatres on February 20. After that, Remo D’Souza’s dance film is due. He also has the shoot of director Rohit Shetty’s film as well as one that is being helmed by his older brother, director Rohit Dhawan.
The Baby sequel is expected to hit theatres around Republic Day in 2017. Neeraj will start working on it as soon as he finishes work on MS Dhoni biopic, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput in the lead role.
Varun, who is busy promoting his next, couldn’t be reached for a comment.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.
- Soni Razdan feels that Rhea Chakraborty has a bright future ahead of her in the film industry. Soni said that her time in jail 'clearly exposed the people who sent her there'.