Actress Khushi Shah gets candid about her latest short film ‘Kya Ukhad Loge’ and other upcoming projects
After creating an immense buzz for the last one year, actress Khushi Shah is currently celebrating the success of her recently released short film titled Kya Ukhad Loge, where the actress is seen playing the role of a rape survivor.
Released on MX Player, the crime thriller is about a woman embarking on a journey to take revenge after being sexually assaulted. With this short film, Khushi Shah has yet again surprised her fans with her choice of roles. We recently got a chance to chat with the actress and here’s what she has to say:-
1. How was it like to play a rape victim-survivor in Kya Ukhad Loge?
The frequency with which the rapes are increasing in our country is disturbing. I think it is very significant as a film, and also for me personally because it is talking about something that needs to be brought into the public consciousness. It is hard to say about the preparation because there’s no way one can fully understand the pain other than one who has gone through. Hence, our entire team has tried to understand the subject as closely as possible.
2. Kya Ukhad Loge was shot amidst the lockdown. How was the experience?
Due to Covid, we all are suffering, especially working during this “new normal” it wasn’t fun or easy at all. I think you know the rest, the precautions, the safety measures, working with less crew. I am happy none of us got infected and followed the protocols well.
3. Why did you agree to do this short film?
Being a woman this subject is close. After hearing the story, I felt it doing it right away, there were no doubts. There’s no better way to spread awareness than cinema, so I felt like this will be my chance to speak about the issue.
4. How has the responses by fans been so far?
I am super content with the response. The thought behind doing this subject is never to be awarded or applauded. It is the sentiment that our entire team has tried to convey, and that has been successful.
5. Your social media accounts have given us a sneak peek of your busy work schedule. How are you managing everything?
I try to spend most of my time doing the homework required for my role and training myself for any failure or negativity that can come from our so-called social media. Hence, all the updates and sneak peeks that you get is done by my team, without which staying updated won’t be possible for me. So a big shoutout to them, they are my backbone in today’s digital requirements.
6.Tell us something about your upcoming projects?
In upcoming projects I have, Love complications, a web series, with Bharat Chavda, Chetan Daiya, Ragi Jani, RJ Aakash, and some more talented people. One more movie which is coming in Hindi and Gujarati, Full Stop, which is also a women-centric subject. Another song with Meet Jain a dancing number and some more are coming, which I cannot name right now.
Disclaimer: This is a company press release. No HT journalist is involved in creation of this content.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- JBC Dugout, an initiative by the organisation was a virtual meet where young badminton enthusiasts got the scope to learn directly from the players and experts such as P.V. Sindhu, Anup Sridhar and Ryan Fernando.
- Rahul was a fervid social media user and he loved spending time while being acquainted with the internet. This is when he realised that he can start building a career in this field.
- Uttam is very passionate about Digital Marketing. At an early age of Class 8, Uttam had started to learn digital marketing from different available sources.
- Himanshu is a graphic and website designer by profession and social work is his passion.
- The Group is committed to hand-over 4,000 apartments and commercial properties in six projects over the next one year.
- Pt. Karan Sharma is a Chandigarh based gold medalist holder, a renowned astrologer, who not only specializes in astrology and numerology but also in other healing modalities such as tantra, reiki, Vastu, palmistry among other things.