ASSIST collaborates with GNIDA to organise 3 X 3 Basketball Tournament and Inclusive Zone Basketball exhibition matches during Greater Noida Carnival 2020
New Delhi, 21st January 2020: As a part of the Greater Noida Carnival 2020, more than 100 school students, both boys and girls, will participate in a 3 X 3 Basketball Tournament organised by GNIDA in collaboration with ASSIST. The tournament will be held on January 25, 2020, at Shaheed Vijay Singh Pathik Sports Complex. The overall theme is to ‘experience a new world of joy’ through basketball. The tournament will be interspersed with Inclusive Zone basketball exhibition matches, where students with differing physical and mental ability will play together. Through this venture, ASSIST wishes to achieve ‘Unity in Diversity’ by promoting inclusive sports.
ASSIST is an initiative founded by a school student, Kartikeya Goel and is ably assisted by another student Parth. It promotes sports as a medium to build an inclusive society that unites people, rather than divide them into artificially defined groups.
Sharing his thoughts, Kartikeya, co-founder of ASSIST, said,“Sports unites India like no other activity. ASSIST promotes basketball, a sport which is popular among Generation Z. ASSIST offers free basketball training for marginalised students to create and develop the link between leadership, gender equity, character, teamwork, and communication with academic success and creating hope in their classrooms, communities and families.”
ASSIST also sensitises the general public on the need for ‘zero discrimination’ in sports by organising Inclusive Zone Basketball exhibition matches, where the general public is encouraged to participate. Wheelchair-bound participants play alongside those afflicted with Cerebral Palsy, Autism, Deafness as well as general public to demonstrate that sports can unite all enthusiasts, rather than divide them into groups defined by physical and mental ability.
ASSIST started its journey around three years ago at the home of Kartikeya Goel Founder, when he decided to teach basketball to five less-privileged children of his neighbourhood. Over a span of several months, Kartikeya was amazed to see how playing basketball on a regular basis improved the physical and mental development of these children—they grew sharper in their movements and reading of the game. Inspired by the positive impact of playing basketball in children, he then convinced his friend Paarth to join him. ASSIST provides underprivileged and special children with basketball training, while inculcating in them life skills that the game teaches. Ultimately, the aim is to enable these children to learn life skills such as discipline, teamwork, leadership and perseverance. Currently, ASSIST runs three school chapters - School of Hope: Tamanna Foundation, Tagore International School - EOK, and Cornerstone Foundation – Greater Noida.
About Greater Noida Carnival 2020:
The Greater Noida Carnival is being held from January 24, 2020 to January 28, 2020 to celebrate the 29th Foundation Day of GNIDA. The carnival is a fusion of art, culture, food and science, with the promise to ‘experience a new world of joy’.
Disclaimer: This is a company press release. No HT journalist is involved in creation of this content.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Interestingly enough, at one point in his life, Hmaimou was a pretty good Table Tennis player as well, winning several competitions between the ages of 12 and 15. But football was always his one true love and he credits the game with having changed his life.
- Giving an insight into her daily life, Richa reveals that her days are filled with a lot of creativity and collaboration with different creative minds.
- They have helped many businesses/individuals to get back on track, and their help is accounted for by all whenever their worth is accounted for.
- With the onset of the pandemic more and more people are flocking franchise websites to pick up franchises from reputed global brands instead of starting up their own stores.
- As India makes strides towards widening access of digital resources at the grass root levels, particularly among the women, the launch of #CodeAtHome would act as a force multiplier in building digital inclination among young minds at their formative years.
- Signzy harnesses the latest technologies in Artificial Intelligence to perform comprehensive identity verification using liveliness checks, image forensics, face matching and a randomized set of questions.