Sanjay Gupta: Redefining excellence through transformational leadership
APL Apollo is the largest producer of ERW steel pipes in India. With a strong pan-India presence, it serves as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for steel products catering to urban infrastructure, automobile, construction, housing, energy, irrigation, solar plants, and greenhouses. Thanks to the forward-looking and dynamic leadership of Sanjay Gupta, Chairman, APL Apollo, the company has emerged as a leader in all the segments that it operates in. Its growth pillars can be summed up as Tough, Utilitarian, Bold and Unbeatable, Environment-friendly and Scalable (TUBES).
Over the last three decades, APL Apollo has built a solid 3-tier distribution and supply chain. It has received the Recognized Export House status and is ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001:2007 certified. Its products are BIS marked and certified by reputed international agencies like SGS (France) and CE (Europe).
APL Apollo focuses on meeting shifting consumer preferences and providing high-quality products at competitive prices. It never hesitates in investing in R&D, be it in terms of adopting the latest technologies or optimally utilizing resources. This works as a driving force behind its ability to create new products, adapt new applications, strengthen processes, develop new market segments, and enhance existing market shares.
“Being a market trendsetter, we always strive to consistently spot the underlying potential and seize the opportunity by making better choices; we hope and expect to see India as an apex manufacturer of steel tubes. Real growth lies in contributing to the overall growth of the industry. I am proud to share that the past three decades have been all about introducing a range of new products, improvising quality, increasing productivity and, eventually, making a dent in the steel pipe business,” says Mr. Sanjay Gupta, Chairman, APL Apollo.
In 1987, the company commissioned its first plant in Sikandarabad to manufacture ERW Black Pipes with an installed capacity of 6000 MT/Annum . Two years later, it expanded the capacity to 24,000 MT/Annum. The Galvanized Plant was commissioned in March 1994 with an installed capacity of 16,000 MT/Annum. In 1995, the company was listed on the Stock Exchanges, both BSE and NSE. In 2004, it developed in-house hollow sections in a range of sizes and became the first in India to launch pre-galvanised pipes.
A couple of years ago, the company introduced Direct Forming Technology (DFT) in the Indian market. DFT products offer undisputed advantages in terms of flexibility, production capability and cost reduction for both company and end users. These products lead to costs savings of up to 3-5%. Another key feature is that it allows manufacturing of customized pipes.
Going forward, the company will increase its share of innovative and high-margin, value-added branded products such as DFT pipes, tricoat pipes, and Galvanized Pipes (GP). Further, through Apollo Tricoat, the company recently launched products such as door frames and In-line Galvanizing (ILG) pipes. Its long-term target is to improve cash flows and profitability.
APL Apollo products are not only environment-friendly, but also cost-effective. To be able to stand tall amidst adversities, live its convictions and know that its actions and beliefs have transformed the lives of millions feel enriching for the company. It is indeed a privilege to be able to make a difference, and be recognized for one’s contributions.
Disclaimer: This is a company press release. No HT Group journalist is involved in the creation of this content.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Everyone is aware of the effect of smoking cigarettes on the body and the oral cavity but in reality, it's not just smoking cigarettes but also smoking Marijuana that slowly degrades and damages the body and the oral cavity.
- Evidence based architectural designs could be the basis of India’s efforts to meet its commitment towards climate change.
- GAP Associates prides itself of being the pioneer and leading realtor inside Dholera SIR.
- Today, Manthan has not only established a repertoire with his Indian clients but also proved his mettle by working with top international businesses too.
- An organization intended to help plan the most miraculous desert safari from sunset today break 'Desert Raja' offers a quieting stay underneath the sky with unlimited stars.
- Get details of the most trusted list of Web development companies to hire in 2021-22, researched by TopAppDevelopmentCompanies.com
- Competition Heats-up for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Exam 2021 as the exam date is coming closer.