Training of Trainers (TOT) Program in Laparoscopic Surgery by DR. R.K. Mishra
The Training of Trainers (TOT) model has been started at World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, under the direction of DR. R.K. Mishra.Updated: Nov 19, 2020, 17:37 IST
Recognizing the need for training and development of Master Trainers existing in the laparoscopic and robotic surgery, World Laparoscopy Hospital in collaboration with the World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS) has come up with a special training program for Master Trainers on enhancing training minimal access surgery skills.
The Training of Trainers (TOT) model has been started at World Laparoscopy Hospital, Gurgaon, under the direction of DR. R.K. Mishra which is intended to engage master laparoscopic trainers in teaching new trainers that are less experienced with minimal access surgical skill, or with training overall. This workshop is started with the help of a pool of competent experts of laparoscopic surgery under the direction of Dr. R.K. Mishra who can then teach the other trainers who want to train the surgical resident.
This means a new participant typically gets to watch an experienced trainer teach, complete the exercises, and then practice teaching segments to other participants. The master trainer and trainer participants should use the CDC Professional Development (PD) Best Practices.
This course is designed by Prof. R.K. Mishra to help the professor ranked surgeon, gynaecologists, urologists, and paediatric surgeons who are not (or at least not yet) a professional trainer in laparoscopic surgery. The focus is on the laparoscopic new trainer who has been asked to present or train a group of the individual surgeon and gynaecologists in their country; a task for which he or she has little prior experience.
As a result of attending a ToT, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their minimal access surgery training needs, including the different learning styles and adult learning principles in the different specialization of surgery.
2. Know how to write objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met at the end of a laparoscopic training session.
3. Develop an effective laparoscopic training style, using appropriate training aids and techniques in minimal access surgery.
4. Understand the importance of an instruction guide to help a laparoscopic trainer prepare and deliver effectively and consistently.
5. Conduct a short group laparoscopic training session that incorporates these training concepts.
6. Enhance your understanding of laparoscopic learning styles and how to accommodate them in the classroom
7. Understand the key principles of effective communication in a workshop hands-on laparoscopic setting
8. Identify strategies to create a no-risk environment with a variety of training techniques to stimulate participation
9. Develop a plan and prepare for an effective training session
Practice thinking on your feet in a safe laparoscopic surgery environment
10. Identify advanced interventions for difficult surgical situations
11. Practice the skills needed for a team presentation
Eligibility and benefit to laparoscopic trainer:
1. The participants of this course should be of at least associate professor rank and they should have at least 15 years of experience in laparoscopic surgery.
2. The trainer should have infrastructure ready to start training and they should be ready to take the students for further training in their institute.
3. World Laparoscopy Hospital will give all the study material require for training to the participants of this course and we will help the institute to get accreditation by WALS, SAGES, EAES and different universities of World.
4. The laparoscopic trainers who are trained by Prof. R.K. Mishra can use all the PowerPoints, books and DVDs of Prof. Mishra in their institute.
This on the job training can strike fear into the heart of the most skilled and experienced surgeon. If you do on the head of training in your organization the course will help you feel more comfortable and more competent. The TOT engages participants in a comprehensive, multi-day distributive learning process that builds the knowledge and skills required to effectively train educators to perform state of the art laparoscopic surgery.
On successful assessment, participants shall be certified through a joint certificate by the World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons. Thereby becoming eligible to conduct laparoscopic training in the area of their expertise.
Disclaimer: This content is released by Digpu News Network. No HT journalist was involved in the creation of this content.