Dr Vinay Bajrangi explains the influence of Saturn on our lives
Noted Vedic astrologer Dr. Vinay Bajrangi explains the many ways in which Saturn exerts planetary influence on our horoscopes and how an individual can correct this to his advantage.Updated: Feb 13, 2018 15:00 IST
Among all the planets that influence astrology, Saturn or Shani is considered to be the most dreadful. It casts its influences on almost all the houses or Bhavas of the horoscope and practically remains activated at all times in the life of the native. It is the most significant karmic planet which strings the native to his past and future lives. Before understanding the effect of its karma and its correction theory, let us first comprehend how it influences almost all spheres of human life.
• Placement: The house where it sits becomes its own house and it seriously interferes in the goings-on of that house. Saturn even casts an eclipse on the role of manager/lord of the house where its sits.
• Aspect: Saturn has three aspects; it casts a spell on the 3rd house, 7th house, and the 10th house from where it sits. It is also known to be lethal in its aspect or Drishti. So, with placement and aspect, the number of houses under its spell becomes four.
• Karaka or Doer: Saturn is the doer or karaka of 4 houses, and those are the 6th, 8th, 10th and 12th house. The karaka means that whatever the native gets out of these houses, Saturn has a direct say. It may be bad or good depending on the placement of Saturn which in turn is a direct result of the deeds of the previous births. With this, the influence of Saturn climbs to 8 houses.
• Lordships: It is the lord of two signs i.e. the Capricorn and the Aquarius. So, the tally of influences now increases to 10 out of 12 houses.
• Shadows: It has a negative shadow on the 4th & the 12th house from where it is placed. The total is now 12 houses, which means that it would cast an effect on all the Houses/Bhava of the horoscope.
Apart from its influence on every aspect of human life, karmic results are also influenced by its journey on various signs. The signs adjoining the sign where the moon is placed (including that of moon) are under the Sade-Satti effect when Saturn transits through it, and this period last for about seven and a half years. The journey of Saturn on 4th or 8th house from the moon also amounts to Dhaiya, which is equally feared.
The Dasha or period of Saturn is considerably long at nineteen years, because Saturn moves slowly to pronounce judgments on the deeds and misdeeds of the native during this time. The “Planet of Truth and Judgment”, as it is called, is concerned with evenhandedness, impartiality, morality, and right mind-set and demeanor. It creates sorrowfulness, sufferings, deep unhappiness but with a purpose of teaching an individual the real truth of life.
It is a systematic planet which activates the houses of the native as per his age. Here’s a look at the houses and the age at which they become activated.
• Ist phase (19 yrs): During the first nineteen years of a native, Saturn activates the first four houses that concern his intellect, initial education, his courage to meet the world, and his middle education.
• 2nd phase (20 to 38 years): The next four houses are activated, which decide his love life, higher education, employment, marriage, kids, overseas journey if any, and the way he treats his own body (health)
• 3rd phase (39 to 57 years): The next four houses are activated, which influence his Bhagya, Ardhya Bhagya, expansion of family, excellence in employment, and ailments.
• 4th phase (58 to 75 years): The remaining four houses get activated, concerning employment laurels, savings, and charity work. These houses look into one’s next life too and also brings death closer.
Therefore, it is important to understand the effect of Saturn on an individual by going over the above points in the horoscope. People often opt for many remedial measures to appease Saturn without actually understanding what is necessarily warranted in such cases.
Heavy rituals are not going to appease Saturn. If a wrongdoing is committed, then Saturn is going to be merciless; therefore, it is also important to understand the method of seeking forgiveness by correcting one’s karma. Only a person with a strong mind can come face to face with his personal shortcomings. Such a person needs to further ignite a flame in him to correct all such shortcomings. This is the mission of Saturn for those who understand it correctly.
The areas of life where Saturn’s influence is really strong include:
•Fear of imprisonment
•Lack of courage
•Lack of vigilance
•Delay in results
Saturn can seriously influence the health of the native. The seat of disease in the human body can be identified by studying the position of Saturn in the charts of the native.
A strong positive connection with Saturn is that it draws the native to the masses, making him politically active. Saturn has a very strong connection with politics, better than what Sun and Rahu can do as a combination.
It always helps to know the role of Saturn in one’s horoscope, as this can help illuminate what the planet actually demands from an individual, thereby allowing them to train and direct its energy to their advantage.
- As told by Dr. Vinay Bajrangi to HT Brand Studio
Dr. Vinay Bajrangi’s expertise in reading horoscopes and correcting karma can effortlessly change your life and illuminate the solutions you can count on. Visit www.vinaybajrangi.com for more details.
M-22, sector-66, Noida
First Published: Dec 11, 2017 15:43 IST