Looking to lead a healthier life? Take a cue from Dr. Mukesh Batra!
In his recent book, ‘13 Steps To Bloody Good Health’, the renowned homeopath outlines simple tips on managing heath.Updated: Mar 26, 2019 18:53 IST
Looking for simple tips on leading a healthy lifestyle?
Pick up the book ‘13 Steps To Bloody Good Health’, which has been authored by renowned homeopath Dr. Mukesh Batra along with best-selling novelist Ashwin Sanghi.
In a jovial tone, this book outlines how one can take corrective steps in areas such as sleep management, hydration and love, thereby leading a happier and healthier life.
Speaking about it, Dr. Batra said, “People spend money on ‘health fads’, which are often unnecessary and sometimes even dangerous. I thought if I could pen down the most important things for good health that often get overlooked, it would motivate people to lead happier and healthier lives. And who better to collaborate with than Ashwin Sanghi?”
- Sleep is more important than food or water.
- Lack of sleep can cause poor immunity, obesity, depression and even substance abuse. Good sleep can enhance athletic performance, memory, decision making and brain function.
- You can sleep better by blocking out noise and light, taking melatonin supplements, following a routine, exercising regularly, managing room temperature, avoiding heavy meals and alcohol or stimulants before bedtime, limiting fluid intake and sleeping on comfortable mattress and pillow.
‘13 Steps To Bloody Good Health’ was launched on January 22 this year. Within two weeks, the book was recognized as among the top 10 non-fiction books in India by the popular literary guide HT-Nielsen.
The book is available across leading stores, major airports and all Dr. Batra’s Homeopathy clinics in India. It is also on offer on Amazon.
Although homeopathy is a science that has enjoyed a long-standing relationship in the country, it was not a popular system of medicine earlier. Dr. Mukesh Batra understood that if the science was to become a part of mainstream medicine, it was important to spread awareness about its side-effect-free and natural curative properties.
- Love must start with self-love.
- Remind yourself that you are important, do one thing each day that makes you happy, think positive.
- Pets can have significant health benefits too.
He, therefore, started writing about it in newspapers, magazines and books.
His first book, ‘Every man’s guide to Homeopathy’ and published in 1982, attempted to bring an understanding of the science of homeopathy among the masses. The book was a bedside guide to understanding and addressing chronic as well as acute ailments.
In his next book, ‘Problems of the mind’ and published in 1991, the Padma Shri recipient endeavoured to educate people about mental ailments such as anxiety and depression.
- Your body should be a reflection of Earth. Adult bodies should be at least 70 per cent water.
- If you experience dry mouth, thirst, headaches, dizziness, drowsiness or constipation, then these are possible signs of dehydration.
- Aim to drink 2-3 litres of water per day.
His other books include ‘The Wonder Years’, which is guide to graceful parenthood, and ‘Healing with Homeopathy’, which gives insights into the efficacy, affordability, and non-invasiveness of homeopathy.
Among the other literally works of Dr. Batra is the longest-running column in The Illustrated Weekly, an Indian English-language weekly publication. The column went uninterrupted for a record 10 years.
His writings have also been published in The Times of India, The Asian Age, The Indian Express and other leading newspapers. He has published several research papers in national and international professional and scientific journals, and has also been a book critic for The Indian Express.
Dr.Batra continues to shed light on the efficacy of homeopathy and the goodness of health with a 12-part informative web series, ‘Good Health and Homeopathy’.
You can catch it every Thursday at 9 p.m. across Dr Batra’s official social media channels.
First Published: Mar 26, 2019 11:32 IST