Smashing the stereotype: Why we should stop believing myths about women and money
Imagine that you need urgent advice on financial planning. There are two people who you can turn to for guidance—a male colleague with whom you often hang out outside office, and a female friend who is also very dear to you. Whom do you choose? If your preference is for the first person, solely because you think men are better with money, you are another of those tens of thousands who nurture the damaging stereotype that women don’t comprehend financial matters.
To delve into the other clichés that Indian women are subjected to when it comes to money, HT Brand Studio, in partnership with Aviva Life Insurance, chatted with five ladies about finance. Their responses revealed that far from being irresponsible or scared about savings or investments, the ladies were, in fact, completely in control of them.
On the occasion of Women’s Day, let’s smash all such stereotypes that suggest women cannot handle money, and instead encourage all the ladies in our lives to take charge of their finances. Watch this video to know why all women should #StartPlanningNow.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Mondelez India’s Happiness Unlocked campaign shines the light on people who created inspiring stories of happiness despite the pandemic restrictions.
- A perfect blend of industry-first innovations and superlative videography abilities
- Smart, futuristic 5G capabilities along with faster charging, perfectly complementing your fast-paced lifestyle
- Ambience Group, which went that extra mile to support migrant labour and healthcare professionals during the Covid-19 pandemic has partnered with Hindustan Times for HT Trailblazers Awards 2021 to honour this spirit of service before self.
- HT Trailblazers awards, presented by Ambience, is a token of gratitude to the great minds who did not let their spirit go down even in the darkest of times and emerged as an inspiration for society at large.
- Mondelez India’s Happiness Unlocked campaign puts you in touch with the little joys of life.