IPL Qualifier 1 CSK vs MI statistical preview: Dhoni, Rohit take centre stage as biggest rivalry returns
Both the teams have won the title thrice and have loads of experience when it comes to dealing with the crunch situation of playing in the playoffs. Here are few numbers that need to be kept in mind ahead of the clash.Updated: May 07, 2019, 18:45 IST
The biggest rivalry of Indian Premier League is back with a bang as Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super King, the league’s two most successful teams, lock horns in Qualifier 1 for a place in the summit clash. Mumbai finished top of the table while CSK were placed second as there was a three-way tie on points along with Delhi Capitals at the top of the table.
Both the teams have won the title thrice and have loads of experience when it comes to dealing with the crunch situation of playing in the playoffs. Here are few numbers that need to be kept in mind ahead of the clash.
• 155: Average 1st innings score at Chennai extrapolated over last 5 completed first innings at this ground in matches of IPL.
• 4/5: Mumbai Indians have won 4 out of last 5 encounters against Chennai Super Kings in IPL.
• 2015 & 2013: The last time when MI and CSK clashed in the 1st qualifier match of IPL. CSK won in 2013 and MI in 2015.
• 4: This will be the 5th time Chennai will be hosting a playoff match in IPL and first since 2012. CSK have played 3 and won 2 of them.
Click Here for Live Score and Updates: - MI vs CSK Live Score
• 63.16%: CSK have the highest win% in playoffs/semis matches of IPL by winning 12 out of 9.
• 69: With 5344 runs, Raina is 69 runs away from once again becoming the leading run-scorer of the IPL by surpassing Kohli’s tally of 5412.
• 78: Ravindra Jadeja is 78 runs away from completing 2,000 runs in IPL. Although, Jadeja is yet to score a fifty in IPL.
• 168.79: Ben Cutting has the 2nd best batting strike-rate in IPL (Min: 125 balls faced) after Russell (186.41).
• 6: Raina is only 6 sixes away from completing 200 sixes in IPL. He can become the 4th player to do so after Gayle (326), AB de Villiers (212) and MS Dhoni (206).
• 3 & 5: Harbhajan Singh and Dwayne Bravo are 3 and 5 wickets respectively away from completing 150 wickets in IPL. Either of them can become the 4th bowler with 150 or more wickets in IPL after Malinga (169), Mishra (155) and Chawla (150).
• 2015: The last and only time when Mumbai Indians won 3 matches against CSK in a single season of IPL.
• 37.84: Quinton de Kock has the 2nd best batting average for Mumbai Indians in IPL (Min: 10 innings) after Lendl Simmons (39.96).
• 155.30: Hardik Pandya has the best batting strike-rate for Mumbai Indians in IPL (Min: 125 balls faced). Hardik is followed by Krunal (146.84) and Pollard (146.54) in the list.
• 19.47: Lasith Malinga has the 2nd best bowling average for Mumbai Indians in IPL (Min: 250 balls) after Johnson (19.35).
• 7.09: Malinga also has the 3rd best bowling economy for Mumbai Indians in IPL (Min: 250 balls) after Shaun Pollock (6.54) and Harbhajan (6.95).
• 9.14: Hardik has the highest economy rate among Mumbai Indians bowlers in IPL (Min: 250 balls).
• 88: Dwayne Bravo is 88 runs away from completing 1,000 runs for CSK in IPL. He can become the 8th player for CSK to reach this landmark in IPL after Raina, Dhoni, Hussey, Vijay, du Plessis, Badrinath and Hayden.
• 44.82: MS Dhoni has the best batting average for CSK in IPL (Min: 10 innings).
• 144.38: Shane Watson has the 2nd best batting strike-rate for CSK in IPL (Min: 125 balls faced) after Albie Morkel (144.83).
• 2: With 2 more sixes, Faf du Plessis can become the 5th player for CSK with 50 sixes in IPL after Dhoni (176), Raina (171), Vijay (68) and Dwayne Smith (50).
• 19.81: Imran Tahir has the 3rd best bowling average in IPL (Min: 250 balls) after Bollinger (18.72) and Nehra (19.70).
• 805: Raina has the highest runs against Mumbai Indians in IPL.
• 28: Dwayne Bravo has got most wickets against Mumbai Indians in IPL.
• 17.50: Bravo also has the 2nd best bowling average against Mumbai Indians in IPL (Min: 250 balls) after Bhuvneshwar Kumar (15.72).
• 62: With 686 runs, Rohit Sharma is 62 runs away from becoming the highest run-getter against CSK in IPL by surpassing Virat Kohli’s tally of 747 runs.
• 167.90: Pollard has the 2nd best batting strike-rate against CSK in IPL (Min: 125 balls) after Dwayne Smith (182.03).
• 30: Malinga has got most wickets against CSK in IPL.
• 17.16: Malinga also has the 2nd best bowling average against CSK in IPL (Min: 125 balls) after Pragyan Ojha (16.14).