Suresh Raina, Rishabh Pant hit the nets together
India cricketers Rishabh Pant and Suresh Raina recently hit the nets, resuming practice after the prolonged Covid-19 forced break. Following all precautions, both were seen knocking the ball around during a session in Ghaziabad, which has already recorded more than 3000 coronavirus cases.
With this, the two followed in the footsteps of India stars such as Cheteshwar Pujara, Umesh Yadav and Ishant Sharma. Left-handed batsman Raina shared a video of their practice from his official Instagram handle as well.
“Work hard, Never Give Up & Get rewarded,” Raina, 33, captioned the post.
The post was Raina’s third training in the nets. On Friday, Raina posted a short clip of his session in the nets, where he and Pant did some knocking. On Sunday, Raina posted another video which was captioned.”I hope everyone is having a good weekend! This week was all about being on the field. Aim High, Stay Focused & Keep Going! - It’s all a part of it.”
Limited overs specialist Raina last played for India in 2018 in England and has since then struggled to find a place in the team. Wicketkeeper-batsman Pant too was seen enjoying a net session.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sundar and Thakur’s knocks were lauded by the entire cricketing fraternity with former Australia all-rounder Tom Moody highly impressed with their rearguard.
- India vs Australia: Each wicket is special for Hazlewood but the fast bowler is highly content with one dismissal in particular.
- India vs Australia: Shardul Thakur's innings, on expected lines, seemingly got under the skin of Australia, with the fast bowler explaining that the opposition reacted by chirping away a few words at him.
- India vs Australia, 4th Test: Sundar made his debut in Brisbane and made an instant impact. Sundar picked up three wickets in the first innings with Steve Smith being his first wicket.
- Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Ravindra Jadeja, Hanuma Vihari, KL Rahul, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar have all missed part of the Test series or the whole contest itself.
- India are already without two of their premier bowlers in Ashwin and Jasprit Bumrah in the Gabba Test, who have missed it due to back spasm and abdominal strain respectively.