Boy dies of electrocution | delhi | Hindustan Times
  • Wednesday, May 23, 2018
  •   °C  
Today in New Delhi, India
May 23, 2018-Wednesday
-°C
New Delhi
  • Humidity
    -
  • Wind
    -

Boy dies of electrocution

The celebration of Karva Chauth festival turned gloomy for Anita who lost her five-year-old son after he got electrocuted at the terrace of his uncle’s house in Mullah Colony in east Delhi’s Mayur Vihar Phase-III. The victim had celebrated his fourth birthday just three days ago.

delhi Updated: Oct 15, 2011 23:49 IST

The celebration of Karva Chauth festival turned gloomy for Anita who lost her five-year-old son after he got electrocuted at the terrace of his uncle’s house in Mullah Colony in east Delhi’s Mayur Vihar Phase-III. The victim had celebrated his fourth birthday just three days ago.

The incident took place around 10.30 am and the victim, identified as Siddharth, was playing on the terrace. He was critically charred after coming in contact with live high-tension wire passing close to the roof of the house.

A senior police officer said Siddharth was playing with his friends while his mother was applying mehndi when the incident took place.