Today in New Delhi, India
Oct 15, 2018-Monday
New Delhi
  • Humidity
  • Wind

Bright life cut cruelly short

After a traumatic wait of almost 60 hours, the Wilson family was finally able to take their dead son home.

delhi Updated: Jan 13, 2011 23:12 IST
HT Correspondent
HT Correspondent
Hindustan Times

After a traumatic wait of almost 60 hours, the Wilson family was finally able to take their dead son home.

Rajeev Jolly Wilson, 41, was a restaurant manager, who died in an incident of road rage at Khan Market on Tuesday.

Wilson had bright prospects ahead and was a doting family man. His post-mortem was conducted on Thursday by a medical board.

The police are now awaiting the report to take further action in the matter.

Wilson, the manager of Italian restaurant, Amici, was allegedly killed when a car driven by Jet Airways pilot Vikas Aggarwal, 37, crushed him.

The police claim that Aggarwal was trying to leave the spot in his car when Wilson allegedly assaulted him.

"The post-mortem was conducted today. We hope to get the preliminary report in a day or two,” said a senior police officer on the condition of anonymity, as he is not authorised to speak to the media.

“Once we get it, we shall see whether to evoke harsher charges against Aggarwal," the officer added.

The police handed over the body of the deceased on Thursday afternoon.

Wilson's family conducted his funeral service late on Thursday evening.

"He was buried at Paharganj. The family is still reeling from the shock. We are going to conduct a memorial service at our church in RK Puram on Saturday," said Arun Harris, a close friend of the family.

The police had earlier sent a team of Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) experts to the scene of the incident.

"Further action would only be taken after both reports are in," added the officer.

The family of the victim has alleged that the police was under pressure not to invoke more stringent charges against the pilot.

However, the police have denied the charge.

"We booked the accused under these sections only after we spoke to a number of eyewitnesses. According to their statements and our investigation, the deceased got into a fight with the accused,” Dharmender Kumar, Joint Commissioner of Police (New Delhi Range) had said earlier.

“We are waiting for FSL and post mortem report in the case," Kumar had added.

First Published: Jan 13, 2011 23:10 IST