Delhi secretariat partially damaged in fire
The fire brigade officials say the fire has been triggered by a short circuit in an air conditioner in the conference hall.delhi Updated: Jun 24, 2007 18:56 IST
A conference hall of Delhi's secretariat, housing the offices of Chief Minister Shiela Dixit and other ministers, was partly damaged on Sunday in a minor fire.
The fire brigade officials said the fire was triggered by a short circuit in an air conditioner in the conference hall on the 10th floor of the building on the banks of the Yamuna in central Delhi.
After the fire was reported around 4.30 pm, five fire control vehicles were rushed to the spot. The fire was extinguished in half an hour.