Govt to seek public opinion on app-based bus service
delhi Updated: Jun 04, 2016 07:43 IST
NEW DELHI: The Delhi government will seek public opinion on the implementation of the app-based premium bus service scheme.
PWD minister Satyender Jain said the government would issue an email-id in the next three to four days on which people can give their suggestions on the service.
Last week, the lieutenant governor, Najeeb Jung red-flagged the scheme. Jain said the implementation of the scheme had been put on hold for now.
“Government has decided to seek public opinion on the app-based scheme as asked by the L-G. For this, we will issue the email-id on Monday or Tuesday,” the minister said.
“Saying this scheme cannot be implemented in Delhi because there is no such scheme in any state of the country is no excuse. There are a lot of things the Delhi government is doing for the first time, including mohalla clinics and others,” he said.
The government is expected to send the suggestions to the Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung after receiving the feedback.
The premium bus service was scheduled to be launched on June 1 with the registration of buses under the scheme.
The scheme will allow people to book their seats through mobile phone applications in the National Capital. Only air-conditioned buses are to ply in the region under the scheme.