Man electrocuted; three others suffer injuries
A 30-year-old man died due to electrocution after an electric wire came in contact with rain water in Timarpur area of north Delhi on Friday morning.delhi Updated: Sep 16, 2011 23:50 IST
A 30-year-old man died due to electrocution after an electric wire came in contact with rain water in Timarpur area of north Delhi on Friday morning. According to the police, three more people have also suffered injuries at Indra Basti of Timarpur as it was submerged in water.
“The incident took place at around 8.45 am when it was raining heavily. According to eyewitnesses, an electric wire fell in the water when the victims were walking towards their home,” said a senior police officer.
The victim identified as Raj Kishore was rushed to Bara Hindu Rao Hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
“We will investigate to find out the person responsible for the negligence and he will be arrested,” the officer said.
First Published: Sep 16, 2011 23:48 IST